Eye Care Expert Forum
Eye pain and broken blood vessels

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Eye pain and broken blood vessels
I am 33 years old and for the past two years I have a big brown spot on my right eye. I'm assuming its a broken blood vessel, but for two years? What concerns me most is I had cosmetic surgery in my left eye to correct a lazy eye. So my vision in my left eye is poor. For the past year I have been getting constant pressure and pain behind my right eye which causes bad migraines and makes my eye feel like its going to bulge out. If something happens to my right eye, im blind. No way around it. Please tell me the two are not related.
Please see an ophthalmologist for a complete exam.  The brown spot may be a nevus or freckle on the conjuctiva.  Rarely, these nevi can enlarge and become dangerous.  The pains you are having may be totally unrelated but you still need to be checked out.