Eye Care Expert Forum
Eye pain in corner of eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Eye pain in corner of eye

A few days ago I had some pain in my eye (outer corner) that kind of felt like an irritated lash. Over the last 3 days it has gotten progressively more painful and upon inspection i noticed a slight swelling of that little ball shaped gland on the inside of the corner of the socket. The pain is now spreading to the top of my cheekbone and up to my eyebrow and is causing what feels like a tension headache to go with the pain, and inner ear pain. The white of my eye near the gland is also turning a purplish color.
You need to see an ophthalmologist as soon as possible for diagnosis and treatment.