Eye pain in the morning
Hey all!

Please help me out! I have problems with my eyes for about four months now. The persisting symptoms are photophobia and painful eyes.

When i wake up, my right eye is painful and pink. Pink  goes away fast but the pain generally remains (sometimes all day).

I take gel lubricant and artificial tears, antihistamine + mast stabiliser eye drops; i've taken care for my matress, pillows and other »risk« material. (to cope with my allergy to mites).

Sometimes it helps if i sleep on my back. (whats that about?)

I've visited 4 ophtalmologists but they havent found anything problematic (pressure is fine, slit lamp also, im just waiting for CT). I've used several eye drops (steroid,  antihistamine and antibiotic) but there was little or no effect.

Any ideas?

Plz help (and sorry for my bad english)
I would continue the work up. Try lubricant ointment at  bedtime such as Refresh PM, be sure you don't sleep under fan or in draft. Us good lubricant on awakening (systane, soothe, refresh, etc).

JCH MD
This is probably caused by "dry eye syndrome." I live is a very dry climate and I work on computers all day long. It really drys out the eyes in this climate. I used to have symptoms like blood shot eyes, and pain in the eye in the morning. The cure I found was to buy a really good humidifier for my room and treat my eyes with eye drops whenever they start to feel dry. The problem has gone away, and I am convinced, that at least for myself, that was the problem. Hope this helps.
=