Eye problem 9 months now
I have posted here before about being diagnosed with retinal vasculitis. To cut a long story short an opthamologist found inflammation in the back of my eye in May 2011. Ever since then I have been getting blurry vision, hazy type vision, floaters, severe eye ( like a pressure behind the eyeball) and also sharp sometimes dull pain it is really bad though and is there almost all the time. I also have symptoms of colours looking washed out,halos of lights.

I have been for several eye exams. All doctors tell me there is no active inflammation just now. However the symptoms are all still there and the pain and blurry vision is really severe I can't cope. I have also had an MRI scan of my brain and eyes which came back normal.

My question here is it possible I have optic neuritis even though MRI is normal? I know MRI is normal but whenever I put my symptoms on the internet it always comes back with Optic Neuritis I can't understand that I shouldn't jump to conclusions but my symptoms are very similar and I've read in some cases it doesn't show up but you can still have it.

I don't know what to do now. I feel like the pain and my eyesight is gettin worse but no doctors can help now.

Neil.
Yes.  You should see a uveitis specialist and a neuro-ophthalmologist.

Dr. O.
I've already seen a Uveitis specialist and he hasn't found anything. He now says he will look to see if I require any more tests. I don't know what more tests to get. Its really frustrating when the pain is bad.