Eye Care Community
Eye problem after anesthesia
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Eye problem after anesthesia

I just had a prostata (TURP) surgery under full anesthesia. Since then I have flies-like shadows in one eye. Could that be a consequence of anesthesia or surgery?
Thanks hugo.

This discussion is related to anesthesia vision change.
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
No anesthesia should not cause that problem after prostate surgery. However I would suggest you go see an Eye MD ophthalmologist to see what's going on. Use the search feature and seach "floaters" and "PVDs"

JCH MD
Blank
Thank you
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
You're welcome and I hope the surgery is successful
JCH MD
Blank
tuesday i had strangulated umbilical hernia surgery,and now i can only see clearly even at distance through the reading part of my bifocals.It is now saturday,how long should I wait before seeing a Dr.  and wich one/the surgeon or opthamologist?
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
Our eyes steadily loose focus power that occurs rapidly in our 40's and early 50's.   The surgery will not make your eyes weak but often since you are weak they are less able to focus and its a good time to step up your glasses power. See an ophthalmologist.
JCH MD
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank