Eye Care Community
Eye problem.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Eye problem.

Hello, this started about a month ago. At first, my right eye felt as if an eyelash or some kind of foreign object was stuck inside my eyelid. I tried to wash it out with water, but nothing was working so I left it alone, hoping it would remedy itself at some point. Soon after, my left eye felt this same sensation, but it quickly disappeared after a day or two. However, much to my dismay, the feeling in my right eye stayed around for about 2 weeks, before disappearing. After the feeling was gone, I began getting these headaches on the right side of my head, and I began to notice that my right eye had looked as if it had been pushed in. I noticed this because the epicanthal fold nearing the nose looked a lot deeper than my left eye. I also noticed that my right eyelid was slightly drooping down, not much, but a tiny bit. Tired of trying to figure out what was the problem, I went and visited a doctor. After inspecting my eyes, he had told me that nothing was wrong with them. So, I was obviously relieved to hear that it was nothing, but after a few days had passed, I continued to get these headaches associated with slight eye pain when moving them around. My neck began to get stiff, my vision was getting very slightly worse, and my vision was often blurry in my right eye upon waking up. Not to mention, there was weird stringy material forming in my right eye, almost like a film covering it, I took this film off by washing my eyes out, or using a q-tip. I left it alone a bit longer, but then I began to notice this black dot in my right eye's vision. The dot disappeared after a few days or putting a cold compress over my eye for 5-10 minutes before sleeping, but another one had come out which I don't really see when I keep my eye's open, but see a gray smudge when closing my eyes. It's near the upper area of my vision, and it sometimes fades away when I wash my face with cold water, or when I put a cold compress over it. Now i'm here, wondering what this may be and if I should try to see an eye specialist as soon as possible. I keep telling myself it's not a big issue, and that the vision problems may just be my right eye's vision being a tad bit worse than my left.

Forgot to mention this earlier, but when I compare my right and left eye, the area right below my right eyebrow is definitely thinner than my left's. And just today, upon lifting my eyelid, I noticed that it was paler in color than to my left's. It quickly became it's normal pink color after an hour or two, though. Could this maybe be a stye underneath my right eyelid? Could the stye be pushing against my eye when it's closed, thus forming that gray smudge? I also sleep fairly late, and i'm on some form of technology pretty much the entire day.

I know that I should visit an eye specialist as soon as possible, but due to some personal complications, I cannot go to visit an eye specialist for about two more weeks. Please help me as much as you can.
When people post they had a "doctor" examine their eye it does not give much information. It could be a general practitioner, a non-medical, non-physician optometrist or even an optician.

What you need is a college plus medical school plus residency trained Eye MD ophthalmologist. It sounds like you have several problems. I would suggest you see an oculoplastic surgery about the apparent change in the appearance of your eyes. IMPORTANT: take in 8-10 excellent full facial pictures taken of you over the last 15 years. ALSO do not let the technicians put any drops in your eye till the eye MD sees you.   After than you likely need to see an Eye MD that specializes in corneal/external disease.

Please follow up on these as these symptoms are concerning.

JCH MD