Eye Care Expert Forum
Eye problems related to niacin (vitamin b3)

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Similar question to what I posted a few days ago ,basically Could a Niacin flush cause Sub conjunctival hemorrhage in the eye or maybe even Uveitis (Iritis)?
I am not aware of this association with Niacin.  Subconjunctival hemorrhages are very common and fortunately are harmless to the eye.  They can occur due to high blood pressure, coughing or straining, blood thinners, rubbing the eyes, contact lens wear, injury (here, an exam with an ophthalmologist is important to be sure there is no other eye problem), and loose conjunctiva called conjunctivochalasis.  Uveitis has many causes, and requires an exam with an ophthalmologist for diagnosis and treatment.