Eye redness won't go away
Hi guys I had this problem with eye redness for more than a month now it started on my left eye went to my optometrist she thinks it's dry eyes /allergy she prescribed zylet eye drops for about a week and it helps clear up so I think it's safe to wear my contacts again so I start wearing them it's good for 2 days then on the 3rd day it's red again went back to my eye dr. This time she put me on fml drops and refresh ultra it clears up for couple hours and red again it's now affected my right eye redness is worse few minutes after I wake up. I'm so worried about my situation pls. help me.  
Both Zylet and FML contain steroids and are not for long term use and when used in conjuction with contact lens increase the risk of a corneal ulcer.  The most common reason by far is that you have lost contact lens tolerance. The fact that you could wear contacts when younger doesn't mean that will last forever especially after age 40. The % of people that can wear contacts decreases with age.  20% of our refractive surgery patients (LASIK< PRK< SMILE) were happy with their contacts but lost the ability to wear them without redness, irritation and discomfort.  Stop wearing them and see an ophthalmologist before you get a serious corneal ulcer.
I stop wearing them since 6/8 is this due to dry eyes or this something serious going on?  I'm going to see an ophthalmologist this coming Friday I've been seeing him yearly for my retinal schisis problem I hope he can help me I'm deeply worried about my situation right now. Shld I stop using the fml drops now I only use it once a day.  Thanks dr.  
There is no way I can tell without examining your eyes.   Dry eyes is very common, sometimes hard to diagnose, 10 times more common in females than males and aggravated by many medications including antihistamines, diuretics, estrogens and antianxiety medications. The FML is obviously not curing the problem. Read the possible side effects and consider  stopping till you see the ophthalmologist. Know that if you are seeing a retina specialist they often do not include the front part of the eye in their practice efforts.  You may need to see a comprehensive eye MD or a cornea/external disease specialist if your eye MD is a retina person.
Thanks dr.  I'm taking clonazepam for my anxiety and Allegra for my chronic hives thanks for your advise. Appreciate it much.
Best of luck
Did you throw out your contacts? Start with a fresh pair of contacts and switch to clear care or other peroxide based lens cleaning solution once your eyes are feeling better again. Many problems with contact lens wear can be attributed to solution sensitivity. You may also consider switching to daily lenses.
=