Eye sore when I wake up
Hi, some times when I wake up, one of my eyes will be very sore in a certain spot. It's not a sharp pain, just a dull sort of ache when I close my eyes, and it stings a bit. It makes the eye that hurts water if I close it for more than a standard blink. Also, it's not uncommon for my vision to go very slightly blurry after the soreness goes away (a few hours after I wake up).

The next day it's always perfectly fine, but I still don't know why it happens. I asked a friend and he said he gets it too, and it's because of the air conditioner in my room. He said something about the coldness making it sore. This seems sort of far-fetched and I have no clue where he got that idea, so I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone knows what the problem might be.

Thank you.
Overnight drying of the cornea can cause something like this. Try putting Refresh PM eye ointment in both eyes at bedtime and artifical tears in the AM when you get up. If it persists see an Eye MD for an exam. Find one at www.aao.org

JCH MD