Eye Care Expert Forum
Eye spasm

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Eye spasm

Does an accommodative spasm of the eye cause blurred vision. Can only one eye be affected ? Will vision come back to clear ever & about how long. I developed blurred vison following a cold combined with sinuites and ear infection. Is accomodative spasm due to stress on the body possiable?.
Dear Zacknetski,

Accommodative spasm can cause blurred vision.  I would think that it occurs in both eyes but could be more prominent in one.  I would definitely recommend that you seek the care of an eyeMD to determine the cause of your blurred vision.

Dr. Feldman
Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California