Eye Care Community
Eye strain from monitor
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Eye strain from monitor

Hello, all!

I bought an LCD monitor last month for various reasons, and from what everyone else says, it's a good monitor. I can agree, since I can tell that graphics look a lot sharper. But it hurts/strains my eyes, sometimes as soon as I look at it. Every other LCD monitor I've seen has been bright (and my eyes have always hated bright light), so I turned that down since I thought that might have been the reason. Still hurts.

Has someone else had this problem and found a way to fix it? I've been in front of CRT monitors for hours with no eye strain, but I've always had it with LCD ones! I'd rather look at my options before having to return to my old monitor.
Related Discussions
Hi Rayna,

I'm not sure you have an eye issue, as much as a setup issue for your new monitor.  Really more of a techie thing.  The first thing I always do when getting a new LCD monitor is turn down the brightness: my work monitor is set at 25% and my home LCD is at 50%.  Down at these levels the white softens, and the colours become a bit more pastel.  Also there should be a colour temperature setting, changing the white level from bright -to- warm -to- cool.

Way too much on the techie side, but try:  http://hardforum.com/  and go to the Displays section ...
http://hardforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78

There's a bit too much information, but if interested try doing a search on "calibration" or "brightness".

Hope this helps,
Glenn
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979