Eye Care Community
Eye swollen, purple with watery blood

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Eye swollen, purple with watery blood

2 days ago my husband started painting our apartment with oil based paint. That night after he had stopped and taken a shower the inside of his eye the white part was slightly red and irritated. He started using Visene eye drops and it seemed to be going away. Well tonight a couple hours after he had finished painting and we were having a drink. He started coughing and threw up, and when he was done. I happened to look at him cause there were what seemed to be tears running down his cheeks. And they were red, so I looked at his eye. The little sac thing in the corner of your eye closest to your nose seemed to be further out. And when I pulled his eye lid open to look at it and he looked up the whole bottom of his eye was full of watery blood and the muscle line was a deep red color. As well as the bottom of his eye had darker red spots on it. When I let go of his eye I noticed the outside around his eye was swollen and under his eye lashes it had started to turn purple. Almost like he was getting a black eye. He said it's not itchey or painful that it just kinda feels like a black eye would. His vision isn't blurred at all and it doesn't feel like he has anything in his eyes.
I would suggest you call an opthamologist right away about this rather alarming sounding symptomology.  Also, you might want your question to go here:
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Eye-Care/show/43
your husband's problem cannot be dealt with over the internet and he needs to go in to see an eye MD ophtthalmologist.