Eye swollen, purple with watery blood
2 days ago my husband started painting our apartment with oil based paint. That night after he had stopped and taken a shower the inside of his eye the white part was slightly red and irritated. He started using Visene eye drops and it seemed to be going away. Well tonight a couple hours after he had finished painting and we were having a drink. He started coughing and threw up, and when he was done. I happened to look at him cause there were what seemed to be tears running down his cheeks. And they were red, so I looked at his eye. The little sac thing in the corner of your eye closest to your nose seemed to be further out. And when I pulled his eye lid open to look at it and he looked up the whole bottom of his eye was full of watery blood and the muscle line was a deep red color. As well as the bottom of his eye had darker red spots on it. When I let go of his eye I noticed the outside around his eye was swollen and under his eye lashes it had started to turn purple. Almost like he was getting a black eye. He said it's not itchey or painful that it just kinda feels like a black eye would. His vision isn't blurred at all and it doesn't feel like he has anything in his eyes.
I would suggest you call an opthamologist right away about this rather alarming sounding symptomology.  Also, you might want your question to go here:
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Eye-Care/show/43
your husband's problem cannot be dealt with over the internet and he needs to go in to see an eye MD ophtthalmologist.