Eye Care Community
Eye swollen Shut

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Eye swollen Shut

Help please. Yesterday around 4 ish I recieved a blow to the left eye that cause my whole eye to swell shut.I iced it for about ten hours yesterday and the swelling went down a lot but there is still a lot of swelling and there was discharge. There was blood coming out of the left corner of the eye and now this morning all of the white space on the left side of the eye is red. I don't know what to do to help it, I've iced it for about  3 hours today but there is slight pain from it and when I woke up this morning I had a slight headache.
This is not the type of problem that should be taken care of at home. You could have serious internal eye injuries. Find an Eye MD near you at www.aao.org or have your family MD refer you.

JCH MD