Eye Care Community
Eye twitch

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Eye twitch

Okay, so my left under eye had been twitching for about 3 weeks.  I went to the doctor, and he basically told me that its normal and that it happens to a lot of people.  If it didn't go away, I was to go back to the doctor for a follow up.  

Well, it has basically stopped under my left eye.. but now my top lid of my right eye is twitching.

Why is this?  Are they related do you think?  Will it go away on its own as well?  I don't want to freak out over nothing but find it kind of odd that it switched to my other eye!
This is usually due to stress.

Dr. O.
I get it now and then, as have many of my friends and acquaintances over the years.  It seems to happen, as Dr. O says, when you're under stress or tired or whatever--and it usually goes away after a while.  It can also come back if the same circumstances return to your life.

One thing to think about:  It REALLY isn't as noticeable as it feels to you.  I've been told by a tense guy sitting right across the table from me that he was being driven nuts by his eye twitch and was very self-conscious about it--and I wouldn't have noticed it if he hadn't mentioned it!  Even though I've experienced it myself.