Eyeball becomes smaller
Hi Doc,

Is it a possible for an eyeball to be smaller after cataract surgery. I look into a mirror it seems that my left eyeball (operated eye) is obviously smaller than my right eye.
In almost all cases where post cataract surgery the eye looks smaller its because the upper lid droops (ptosis). This is not unusal. Often it improves and after 4-6 months it goes back to normal level. In some cases it remains droopy. If its bad then your cataract surgeon can refer you to a oculplastic surgery to discuss surgery to elevate the lid.
Droopy lid after cataract surgery is not rare. It use to be very very common but now is unusual due to new techniques to prevent it (avoiding superior rectus bridle suture.
JCH MD
Hi Doctor

I have check it doesn't seems to be ptosis, because I looked only at the eyeball (iris) it looks smaller. I am just thinking could it be after surgery, one eye is having long sightedness, and the other eye still have short sightedness of 300 degrees.
Hi Dr. Hagan, 2 years after cataract surgery in both eyes I have developed what I think is  ptosis in my right eye only. When I am tired, sick, stressed, or on the computer for too long (which I do for a living), my my brow bone droops down so much it presses my eyelid down and almost completely covers my eye. Is this ptosis or something else? Thanks for your help.
Oh yes and I forgot to mention, my brow bone above my right eye has been significantly larger (seems to be always swollen) only since the cataract surgery.