Eye Care Community
Eyelash in growing my child 's eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Eyelash in growing my child 's eye

I noticed a hair in my daughter's left  eye on the bottom part inside upon trying to take it out I discovered it was actually a cluster of approx. six hairs growing out of the flesh and the flesh was also looking as if it was growing. my husband and I managed to get some of it out but by the next day more seemed to have grown back. I have made an appointment to see an eye specialist but in the meantime could you give me some info. my child is only four years old so you see my concern..
Thank you for your time....
Your daughter may need eyelid surgery to turn the edge of the eyelid away from the eyeball.

Dr. O.