Eye Care Community
Eyelashes growing downwards
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Eyelashes growing downwards

Please, please can SOMEONE tell me why just the central sections of both of my upper eyelashes are growing downwards and the right side is also bending inwards towards the eye. It is now forming a curtain in front of my eyeball and looks really strange. I have tried to have them professionally curled and that made no difference at all, I have asked my doctor, optometrist, beautician and any one else that will listen to no avail . I would  love to know how I could fix this problem and appreciate any help . Thankyou.
Related Discussions
  • i need advise (3 replies):
    i had accidentally pulled out my eyelashes with an eyela...[more]
  • Burned Out. (1 replies):
    A few days ago I was lighting this candle out side, but ...[more]
  • Eyelashes (1 replies):
    Hi, I am 16 years old and recently i used a new mascara ...[more]
  • eyelashes (5 replies):
    i just recently accidently rip off half the eyelashes on...[more]
  • Eyelash Loss
    Not sure whether this is the right forum for this, but m...[more]
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
There are several causes: misdirected lashes (trichiasis), scarring on the lid from low grade infection (blepharitis), abnormal row of eyelashes behind the regular one (disthichiasis sp?).

See an Eye MD physician ophthalmologist for an evaluation. If an oculo-plastic Eye MD is near so much the better.

You can look for an Oculoplastic Eye MD or regular Eye MD at www.aao.org   use the Find An Eye MD feature.

JCH III MD
Blank
Dear AAO-MD-JH
Thankyou for your very quick response to my question, I really appreciate your time and knowledge. I have asked soooo many people . I will now find an ophthalmologist and find out. I did have shingles in my right eye about 7  years ago and I always wondered if that might have had any effect.
Thankyou again
Regards, Diane
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
Hello Diane   Yes shingles (Herpes Zoster) can damage the "orderliness" of the rows of eyelashes and make them point the wrong way.

JCH III MD
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank