Eyelashes growing downwards
Please, please can SOMEONE tell me why just the central sections of both of my upper eyelashes are growing downwards and the right side is also bending inwards towards the eye. It is now forming a curtain in front of my eyeball and looks really strange. I have tried to have them professionally curled and that made no difference at all, I have asked my doctor, optometrist, beautician and any one else that will listen to no avail . I would  love to know how I could fix this problem and appreciate any help . Thankyou.
There are several causes: misdirected lashes (trichiasis), scarring on the lid from low grade infection (blepharitis), abnormal row of eyelashes behind the regular one (disthichiasis sp?).

See an Eye MD physician ophthalmologist for an evaluation. If an oculo-plastic Eye MD is near so much the better.

You can look for an Oculoplastic Eye MD or regular Eye MD at www.aao.org   use the Find An Eye MD feature.

JCH III MD
Dear AAO-MD-JH
Thankyou for your very quick response to my question, I really appreciate your time and knowledge. I have asked soooo many people . I will now find an ophthalmologist and find out. I did have shingles in my right eye about 7  years ago and I always wondered if that might have had any effect.
Thankyou again
Regards, Diane
Hello Diane   Yes shingles (Herpes Zoster) can damage the "orderliness" of the rows of eyelashes and make them point the wrong way.

JCH III MD