Eyelid Twitching
My upper left eyelid has been pretty much constantly twitching/spasming for the past 8 weeks. Some days it is really bad-it will spasm maybe several times per hour. Other days I don't notice it as much. I get about 7-8 hours of sleep per night, eat pretty healthy, take a multivitamin (and recently I've been eating more bananas and taking a magnesium supplement, because I've heard these might help...) I do wear contacts, but have switched to just wearing glasses recently, thinking it might be due to the contacts...no change.

I did see my eye doctor who couldn't find anything wrong with my eye. He said I could do Botox if it really bothered me, but I really don't want to do that!

My husband thinks it's stress...we  have had a couple of stressful situations in the past few months, but I felt like I've been handling these pretty well. I do have a toddler which keeps me running around too.

This is really starting to drive me insane. I don't know what else to do or if it will ever go away.

Any ideas what might be causing it or anything else I can do to try to make it go away??

Thanks.
It is important to determine if you have "myokymia" which is temporary and not serious (but may last months) or "blepharospams" which may be permanent and require botox.

Use the search feature and archives and your internet browser to read about both. I would suggest you see a neuroophthalmologist.   If you live in USA find one near you at www.geteyesmart.org elsewhere seek out medical school or if you see an Eye MD ophthalmologist ask him/her to refer you.

JCH MD