Eye Care Expert Forum
Eyelid crease change
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Eyelid crease change
Dear Doctors,

About 2 months ago, out of the blue, my right eyelid crease changed. My right eyelid (only) has lost all puffiness and now looks smaller and the upper eyelid became a bit droopy. Also, my eye sometimes burns and gets dry. Not sure what could have caused this sudden change but my new appearance bothers me. The only changes are that I started birth control and I have been loosing weight (around 10 lbs) in the past 3 months. Is there any way to fix my eyelid so that it will go back to normal? I hate having one smaller and one bigger. I feel like a freak.

I have spoken to my doctor who told me to just stop wearing makeup and give it time. Its been 2 months like this.

Thank you for any information you may have.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
284078 tn?1282620298
You need to see an opthalmologist to look into the droopy eyelid.  It could be due to some inflammation in the eye or simply a stretching of the eyelid tendon called involutional ptosis.  Finally there are some neurologic disorders (horners syndrome and third nerve palsy) that can cause a drooping eyelid.  So as you see, it's not quite as simple as you think at first.  Good Luck.

Michael Kutryb, MD
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
This Forum's Experts
233488 tn?1310696703
Discover Vision Centers of Kansas City
Kansas City, MO
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker