Eye Care Community
Eyes burn BADLY when I cry

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Eyes burn BADLY when I cry

Hi!  I have noticed over the last year or so that my eyes will burn so badly while I am crying, or shortly thereafter, that I can't even open them!  I used to think that it was due to mascara that would get in them, but today, I had a realization that I haven't worn mascara in a long time!  I have some other health concerns and was wondering if this is indicative of a bigger problem or what could be causing it!

I do wear glasses (it happens in glasses or contacts!)  It is so bad that I have to RUN to get water or tissues to get the tears out of my eyes!

Any help will be appreciated!
1. have a complete eye exam by an Eye MD and discuss the problem. Find one at www.aao.org   In the meantime try not crying and if you must use artifical tears to comfort the eye.

JCH MD
i just thought that because i wasnt drinking enof water that the salt content in my tears went up causing them to burn... its been like 3 months for me.
-