Eyes dilating Differently
On 3/24/2008 I had a 12 construction ladder fall and hit me full force on the right side of my head ( temperal lobe )  From the injury I was told I have a concussion type 2 and whiplash.  This happened at work so I am going through workman's comp.  Unfortunatly it has taken them over two months to do any testing and now my eyes have started to dramatically dilate differently.  I am started to get very nervous because instead of feeling better I am at the point where I am getting worse.  My eyesight is worsening and my eyes have been dilating in such extreames that my left will be almost completely open where my right will be the size of a pin.  This has been going on for almost a month now.  When this happens the Neurologist handing my case refuses to see me saying that it is no big deal.  What should I do?  I have seen an opthomologist and he has said that I need to see a neuro optho.  The Neurologist insits its nothing even though she refuses to see me when the episodes happen.  I have no clue what to do, or what is happening.  Is there anyone out there that does?

This discussion is related to Pupil Dilation problems.
I am so sorry about the accident, and about your worry and frustration in getting help.

I am not a doctor. I am very experienced with helping eye patients, including myself.I am a community leader here.

More information and an eye exam are needed so that your doctor can tell you if there may be a problem.

I am not familiar with state WC, only federal.

Do you have a caseworker? Can that person help.

The doctor will answer you with more information. I am sure that he will helpful.

Write back if you need to.
You need, like you were told, a neuro-ophthalmologist. Find one at www.aao.org or ask the neurologist for a referral.

JCH IIMD
Yesterday 4/19/09 My right eye was bothering me upon returning from the store, I had assumed it was from my contacts, as it seems that they have been bugging me specifically in this eye. It felt very irritated, I did not use any different products or drops then usual. When I got home, my daughter asked what is wrong with my eye. My right Pupil was huge taking up most of my blue eye. I became concerned and had my husband look at it and he thought it was strange as well. We did a light test to see if in got smaller with the light and it did but sluggishly. So for about 6 hours it stayed this way, then I woke up this morning and it appeared normal looking. I know I should not think the worst but coupled with some weird things I have been experiencing with ear popping and the eye issues as of late, I thought I should check if this is something to be concerned about. I am also 33 years old and do have others in my family who have had brain tumors.
See an ophthalmologist Eye MD inthe near future. IF you develop headache, double vision or droopy lid go to emergency room.

JCH MD