Aa
A
A
Close
Eyes feel odd when wearing glasses to correct astigmatism
I'm not sure why this is but when I wear glasses to correct the slight astigmatism in my left eye, both of my eyes feel weird. I can't really describe the feeling but it's like a tightness or something. Anybody ever heard of this?
Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
233488_tn?1310696703
Yes, its very common. If you wear you glasses all the time most people adjust within a week and the glasses seem clear and comfortable. If NOT then return to the "eye doctor" that prescribed the glasses and have them checked out. BTW this is usually a service that is not charged for.

JCH MD
Comment
Cancel
233488_tn?1310696703
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thanks for the info Doctor. I'll have to get these glasses checked out to see whats wrong with them.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
233488_tn?1310696703
When you go in take your old pair that are comfortable for comparison.

JCH MD
Comment
Cancel
233488_tn?1310696703
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Ok took the glasses into the doctor and they said they were fine. I get the same pulling sensation in my left eye though (where the astigmatism is corrected) in all of my glasses. Since I've probably been living with this for a long time, do you think it's possible that my eye is just adjusting to seeing things that much clearer than before and that's why I'm getting the pulling sensation? I asked the doctor why I had this feeling and they couldn't tell me what it was. I'm wearing prism glasses for the computer right now with astigmatism correction in my left eye and I have the pulling sensation so I'm trying to figure out what it is. Thanks for your help.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Also noticed this article about sometimes why glasses don't work the way they're supposed to. I do see a little bit clearer with my glasses on but perhaps my eye doesn't tolerate astigmatism correction for some reason. Here is the article:

http://guthrieeyecare.com/icare/why-do-glasses-fail/

I don't understand why my eye wouldn't tolerate it though and if it doesn't, wouldn't wearing them for a while fix this?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Eyes feel odd when wearing glasses to correct astigmatism
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
Top Eye Care Answerers
177275_tn?1438375244