Eye Care Community
Eyes feel odd when wearing glasses to correct astigmatism

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

I'm not sure why this is but when I wear glasses to correct the slight astigmatism in my left eye, both of my eyes feel weird. I can't really describe the feeling but it's like a tightness or something. Anybody ever heard of this?
Yes, its very common. If you wear you glasses all the time most people adjust within a week and the glasses seem clear and comfortable. If NOT then return to the "eye doctor" that prescribed the glasses and have them checked out. BTW this is usually a service that is not charged for.

JCH MD
Thanks for the info Doctor. I'll have to get these glasses checked out to see whats wrong with them.
When you go in take your old pair that are comfortable for comparison.

JCH MD
Ok took the glasses into the doctor and they said they were fine. I get the same pulling sensation in my left eye though (where the astigmatism is corrected) in all of my glasses. Since I've probably been living with this for a long time, do you think it's possible that my eye is just adjusting to seeing things that much clearer than before and that's why I'm getting the pulling sensation? I asked the doctor why I had this feeling and they couldn't tell me what it was. I'm wearing prism glasses for the computer right now with astigmatism correction in my left eye and I have the pulling sensation so I'm trying to figure out what it is. Thanks for your help.
Also noticed this article about sometimes why glasses don't work the way they're supposed to. I do see a little bit clearer with my glasses on but perhaps my eye doesn't tolerate astigmatism correction for some reason. Here is the article:

http://guthrieeyecare.com/icare/why-do-glasses-fail/

I don't understand why my eye wouldn't tolerate it though and if it doesn't, wouldn't wearing them for a while fix this?