Eye Care Community
Film/cloudy sensation in the eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Film/cloudy sensation in the eye

Hi, for about 9 months now I have been feeling like I have a film over my eye; it's not always there, sometimes it goes away for a few seconds and then it comes back; I feel that I have to keep blinking my eye to get rid of it, but it doesn't go away. It has been getting worse and worse. It's only on my right eye.   I do not have any other symptom, like burning, itching or pain. It's really getting me very frustraded because its become bothersome to read, to surf the net or even to watch TV.  I have been to three different eye doctors and they couldn't find anything.  One doctor thinks it could be Dry Eye Syndrome, but I have been using eye drops for a month and it doesn't seems to do anything, since I don't feel like my eyes are dry.He also prescribe me Restasis, but the pharmacy had to order the medicine, so I haven't started using it yet. I kind of wonder if it will help me, because my eyes, like I said, don't feel dry at all, except when I first wake up in the morning. It's also very expensive and my insurance doesn't cover it.  So I was just wondering if anyone out there would have a clue to what's causing my problem?  Anybody with a similar symptom?  Or maybe the doctor might have an idea ?    Thanks in advance for any input.
Dry eyes is poor term. Think of it as tear dysfunction.  You symptoms are consistent with "dry eyes".

Dr. O.
Thanks a lot for your answer...However, shouldn't I feel my eyes dry?  Or shouldn't the eye drops help relieve the problem?

The eyes drop don't do anything.  The only time I feel that my eyes are dry is when I first open my eyes in the morning, they seem like the eyelid is stucked on... but during the day I feel nothing...
Try taking a tablespoon in the morning and a tablespoon in the evening of Barleans Flaxoil.  The "cold-pressed" flaxoil that needs to be refrigerated is best.  Barleans is found at Fred Meyer in the health dept. refrig.

Flaxoil and fish oil are good for "dry eye", as well as skin, etc.

It is commonly recommended on this forum and other places.
I always try the natural remedies first, as prescriptions and eye drops have their downsides.

Good luck !
thanks,  
I'll try it.