Eye Care Expert Forum
Flashes

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Flashes

I have high myopia, 7-8+; I do suffer from lattice degeneration and have a few tears and holes in both eyes. I have symptoms in my right eye. I recieved laser treatment to seal the holes twice. First time it was done two months back and second time, two days back. Now I frequenly see flashes and symptoms have increased. I would like to know that whats happening? Also, these changes are in periphery and whenever I go for examination, doctor use an instrument like spatula to bulge out my eye so that they can see in periphery. I do have a fear that this examination itself may cause damage to my eye, but I dont know what to do, as I understand that these examinations are important. Please adv.
Dear navan,

It is important to have the periphery of your eyes examined as that is where the issues occur in lattice.  If you do not feel comfortable with what or how something was done, you always have the option of seeing another retinal specialist for a second opinion and making sure you feel comfortable.

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California