Flashing in Outer Visual Field...
I've had migraines that caused Auras before, but this is NOT the same.  I can slightly look away from something darker in color than the surrounding area (with the darker area in the corner of my eye) and I notice this flashing all around the outer visual field.  It flashes like there's a bulb about to blow.  It's very subtle, but it's noticeable.  It does it in dim light.  Sun or light bulbs; it doesn't matter, it still does it.  Does anyone know what can cause this?  I have near perfect vision, but I do have a slight astigmatism where I have to wear glasses to drive, read, or watch TV.  It's not mandatory that I wear them though.  I'm not sure if not wearing them can cause this or not.  My next ophthalmologist appointment is in October.  So I need some info now about what it could possibly be and if it's something the eye doctor has to see right away. Thanks for any input or info.
*Added Note:  I have panic attacks and recently I have become more "in-tune" with what's going on with my body.  So it may have done it all my life or might be something that is normal with everyone's eyes, but I have noticed it recently in the past few months.
Yes you need to call your ophthalmologist and ask for an appointment this week for flashes of light in the eye. It has nothing to do with your glasses. It could represent traction on the retina, posterior vitreous detachment, retinal tear or retinal vascular problems.

JCH MD