Eye Care Community
Flashing lights and twinkling stars
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Flashing lights and twinkling stars

Hi there i have been having flashing/strobing lights in my eyes every now and again but ONLY when i have either just awakened or had my eyes closed for a while (not necessarily sleeping) also when i look at a bright background e.g white clouds i can constantly see twinkling stars all over my field of vision any ideas to what could be causing this?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
Since its new you need to start with a complete medical eye evaluation with an ophthalmologist. Since I'm told it takes a long time to see an ophthalmologist get on the waiting list today.

JCH MD
Blank
i went to see an ophthamologist and he is unsure as to what the problem is as my eyes are healthy according to the tests he did but he has referred me for a CT scan to check the nerves at the back??

i have had visual migraine before but this is not the same so i know it isn't that.

thanks for your response
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
That's a good start HOWEVER it may well be eye migraine as they often morph into different shapes/sizes/light patterns.

JCH MD
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank