Flaxseed supp for dry eye?
My eye doc for the dry eyes and blepheritis said to start taking flax seed supplements not fish oil supp that is flaxseed supp is better. Why is this cause I thought fish oil supp are better. Also how much flax seed oil pills should I take. I got 1000mg of them. Thanks.
You eye doctor is certainly entitled to their opinion. In my paractice I use fish oil. Please use the search feature and eye topics and archives to read the extensive posts on dry eye treatment.

JCH III MD
i have benefited significantly from taking a product for dry eyes called Fortifeye Dry Eye Therapy.My eyes have been dry ever since I had Lasik surgery.  I have taken it for almost four months and most of my dry eye symptoms have vanished.  It is a combination of concentrated fish oil and GLA plus sesame and curcumin, vitamin a and a few other things, i was using flax seed oil prior to this without much relief.  So those of you not getting relief with flax seed for your dry eyes try  fortifeye dry eye therapy.
Paul, Can you (or anyone else) please tell me where you got the Fortifeye Dry Eye Therapy?   Thank you.
----------------------
I would also be interested in knowing where I can get Fortifeye Dry Eye Therapy.

Thank you.
------------------------
I was just doing a google search on Fortifeye Dry Eye Therapy and this site popped up, I think I can help.  I purchase my Fortifeye Vitamins from my eye doctors office however I think you can buy off the website at  www.****.com .  I am a competitive motocross racer and wear contact lenses, i have had issues with my contacts drying out and popping out during a race.  This is dangerous because with out my contacts I cant see!  I wear some special vented goggles that have helped a bunch but I honestly feel after about five weeks of taking the Fortifeye Vitamins for dry eyes the drying out that used to occur all the time has virtually vanished.  Not only is it better during races and practice but also if i am doing a lot of  computer work and they still feel pretty good at the end of the day.  I highly recommend the fortifeye dry eye vitamins for any contact lens wearers that face  my same issues.
---