Eye Care Expert Forum
Floaters, Halos, Visual Snow, and Starbursts

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

I'm currently 17 years old and I first experienced visual snow December 2010. It is now April and it will not go away. Since December I have been experiencing thousands of floaters that appear in the sky and a mild case of visual snow. Just yesterday I started experiencing halos and starbursts when I was driving at night.  I have gone to 5 doctors regarding my floaters and visual snow and they said I have perfect vision and that nothing was wrong with me (no retinal detachment, no previous surgery of any kind), however SOMETHING is wrong and I'm extremely frustrated.  I'm going to see a doctor about the halos and starbursts, but I just feel hopeless.

If you have any suggestions or doctor recommendations please let me know. I'm willing to research and fly anywhere as long as I can get my eyes back to normal.
Assuming you have already seen an ophthalmologist for this problems, I would consider going to a neuroophthalmologist.  You may be having signs of an ocular migraine but this needs to be investigated before comming to such a conclusion.  Find on e at www.aao.org and search by specialty in your area.

HV
thank you, I will make an appointment soon. Hopefully that is what is going on and hopefully there is a solution!
I was wondering if you went to the neuroophthalmologist yet.  I have a few of your similar symptoms and was wondering what the neuroophthalmologist said.