Eye Care Community
Floaters in both eyes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Floaters in both eyes

I'm 33 yrs female.Have no other health issues except vision problem that started a month ago.Month ago i woke up with blurrier/redused corner vision...i thought may be because i saw too much light before night(i  saw flourescent light every day about more than an hour to hit mosquitos with mosquito bat- i was in India at that time).
After few days i saw little clear floter & floater strings in my both eyes...my vision got blurrier than before.I went to visit an Opthamologist...he said notjing wron with my eyes.
than i came back to USA in af week.i Saw more floaters & Dark floater strings(very big) in my eyes & those are completely disturbing my vision.i Saw some hair kind of floaters more than 10 in my right eye & very big dark string(it covers full eye in the middle when i see some thing,but it moves after some time ...goes little down)
Those are like a curtain/mesh in front of my right eye all the time.left eye has a lot of clear floaters & strings.
Having some pain in my both eyes & watering some times.left eye got swelling from yesterday & burning a little...but my doctor couldn't see anything.even my &  friends said my let eye got swollen.
I had 2 more opthamologists visits in last 10 days(last one today)...they said my eyes are healthy ...& don't understand the problem.I had my full health checkup last month & everything was perfect.

I'm still searching for reason & cure ...could please some one help me...i'm so depressed
Yes you can have floaters without PVD. Children can have floaters from material that does not disolve during formation of eye in embryo, other causes of floaters without PVD: bleeding, inflammation, trauma, a condition called asteroid hyalosis,

If you had retinal tears the Eye MD should have been able to see them.  That's about all I can tell you. Make a list of your questions and call your ophthalmologist on MOnday and ask the staff to get the answers and call you back. We do this every day.

JCH MD
Get a second opinion from a retina ophthalmologist. Find one near you at www.aao.org or ask the Eye MD you've seen several times to refer you for a second opinion to a retinal specialist.

JCH MD
Unfortunately we don't have any ratinal specialists within 60 miles & my medical insurence doesn't cover that far:(
Where do you live?
JH MD
Bentonville,AR.
dear! i think you have vitreous floaters in language of ophthalmology.that causes some floating bodies in your visual scenes,that are harmless and the only cure will be to ignore them.these exist in almost 20% of all healthy eyes.

SVK777 until the US government completely takes over medical care and starts rationing it out like other countries you should have certain rights under your insurance policy. Hurry because that won't be long.

If your local MD requests a consultation and certifies he needs it (which is what I do all the time when problems persist or I think the patient/family needs the reassurance of subspecialty consultation) you should be able to see a retina MD in some place like Little Rock, Memphis, Springfield MO, etc.

JCH MD
Today opthamologist said i need to go to neurologist....
still i have swollen left eye & more dark floaters in my right eye...i feel my corner & side vision got reduced:)
just a question ...does floaters can appear without pvd...i mean is there any other causes for these floaters?do they go away?
if pvd happened from now how many days i'll get to know for any retinal tears?
I'm too scared...

JCH MD
i asked them...they just said my are healthy ...thats it.
even my family & friends could see the swollen eye very clearly,i don't know why doctor couldn't see it.
mornings it looks very swollen,by evening it's getting little better...but still noticeable.It's happening from 3 days.
Today i woke up with increased dark floters in right eye & swollen ,warering left eye.
having headeaches,painn in eyes & feeling very tired.
..waiting for neurologist app ...hope he'll find out some thing.
Today i had a visit with Retina specialist.IHe said he saw floaters in both eyes,Right eye more.Left eye doesent have any vitreous seperation,but right eye has vitreous seperation.No retinal tears & vision 20/20.
But  i know my vision got blurrier than before & he didn't worried about left eye .now i have some big pimples kind of things inside the left eye lid,he said put some hot pack for some time daily on it.
One more thing he said usually he sees floaters back side of the retina,for me those are infront of the retina.
My floaters are increasing a lot everyday...now i have dark strings & clear strings in both eyes , clear floters i see hundreds of them in both eye.i feel i'm looking through junk/trash.
i'm still looking for help & cure....
& do i still have chances to have retinal tears or detachment? how frequently i need to go for a eye check-up?
Jo & make another visit to a reputed Eye MD concerning increased no of floaters, any trace of retina tear etc.

For pimples on eyelids do warm compress on them & clean lid margins using diluted baby shampoo occasionally.
4 Opthamologists(including 1 retina specialist) checked my eyes within 30 days.Do i need to go for another opinion soon.Is it okay to have pupil dilation drops in my eyes that frequent?cause it's too difficult to see closer objects for more than 30hs after having those drops in my eyes...
If there is no sudden increase in number of floater within the last visit then no need to do another visit otherwise its essential to rule out any emergency condition which require immediate treatment.
Yesterday i had a neurologist visit ...he suggested me to take Topamax 25mg twice a day for my headaches....
I just read that Topamax has side effects including vision side effects...I already have vision problems ...is it safe to take those tablets?
hi doctor,
I had  retina specialist check-up done last week ...he sid i don't have any retinal tears ,but i do have vitreous seperation in my right eye & i have follow up check up next week.
I have some questions that i didn't get answers from my doctors...
1.I forst felst  change in my vision in both eyes including couple of floaters in last week of july...was that starting of vitreous seperation?

2.My last opthamoligist saw vitreous seperation in my right eye only(he said he saw the ring),
but i have so many floaters in both eyes(more dark floaters in right eye)...but my doctor couldn't see the ring ...does that mean that i have seperation in only one eye...than why i have so many floaters in left eye also?Now i see most of them in the center of vision...its very iritating....

3.I'm having check-up for every 2 to 3 weeks...how long i need to go for frequent check-ups?

4.From last one month  floaters in both eyes increased alot( now i have floaters full of my eyes  dark & clear...my vision bacame worse...doctor said when i see increase number of floater i need to go for check-up...but i can't make any difference because i already have a full of floaters in my eyes...most of them i can see in any background...what do i do?

5.doctor said my vision is 20/20...but i know it got worse...whatever i see(including eye charts)it takes few seconds to see clear & it gets blurry again & clear...
i told the doctor,be he didn't answer...

7.I'm having frequent eye pains in both eyes...some times the pain( kind if hurting with needle,sometimes pressure from bak of the eye) is so worse...is that pain related to any serious conditions?.

8.Left eye lid(down)got swollen a month ago...still having the swelling(little reddish pimples inside the eye lid) & watering from last one month...

9.When i see from only left eye i see more  yellowish than right eye...?I asked opthamologist & neurologist about this...no answer...

10.How long i need to worry about retinal tears or rd?

11.Does  there any long term effects with pvd?

12.Does these floaters disolve or get better in future? i don't want to go for risky surgery...i have 2 young kids to take care...& also too difficult to live with these floaters...hoping it'll get better....

13.any special diet or vitamins for these floaters?.