Eye Care Expert Forum
Floaters

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Floaters
Is it normal to have soo much eye floaters you can barely see????
Such floaters are absolutely not normal.  You need an immediate dilated exam with an ophthalmologist (Eye MD) to be sure you do not have bleeding in the eye or a retinal tear/detachment.
hi.  I"m obviously NOT a doctor, but I have recently learned that if floaters come on suddenly, especially if they are alot, you should see an opthalmologist right away because it can be a sign of retinal detachment.  It is one of the 3 symptoms my doctor told me to watch out for.  So, if you have only had that many floaters recently, definitely get checked out right away.
any updates?