Eye Care Expert Forum
Floaters

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Floaters

Subject: Floaters

Forum: The Eye Care Forum

My husband (37) has been experiencing a large amount of floaters over the past year.  He saw an ophthalmologist about the problem and was told nothing could be done to correct the problem.  They move in & out of his line of vision periodically.  The floaters have been getting increasingly larger... especially just recently in his "good" left eye.  I'd like to get a second opionion; several internet sights have recommended seeing a retinal specialist if the floaters grow.  Do you recommend this course of action?  If so, we would be willing to travel ANYWHERE to get the best specialist in the country. Who would you recommend, or how can I find a listing of the best specialist on this subject?  Thanks in advance for your help.

Follow Ups:

Re: Floaters HFHS M.D.-JL 4/05/1999
(2)

Floaters Scott Geller MD Ft. Myers Florida 4/21/1999
(1)

Re: Floaters Bruce  6/19/1999
(0)