Eye Care Expert Forum
Floating black dots in reght eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Floating black dots in reght eye
Dear Sir,

I am feeling floating balck dots in right eye from last 3-4 months,  please brief about them and  advice what i have to do?
Dear Kameshwar,

Floaters occur with aging and may be related to a separation of the vitreous from its normal attachments.  It is important for you to see an eyeMD to make certain that you have no retinal tears.

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California
You should see an opthamologist (eye doctor). You sound like you are describing vitreous floaters. You can google or search the word "floaters" to learn more about them. An eye doctor could tell you more... I am not a forum doctor though... good luck.