Eye Care Community
Fluid Retaining Cyst
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Fluid Retaining Cyst

I accidentally poked a towel corner in my eye and it became blood red from the iris to the outer corner of the eye.  This cleared up but I had what looked like a fluid sac on the eyeball which could move about, was worse and more noticeable in the mornings, like a bubble.  This was diagnosed as an infection at the public hospital in Cyprus and I was given antiseptic drops for a long period.  These made no difference so I then paid at the private hospital and they said it was a cyst which was fluid filled.  They pierced it and drained it but a few days later it was back again.  They pierced and drained it again and the following day a blood vessel burst in that eye.  The blood cleared, the cyst refilled, not so big this time, but you can see it as a glitter in the corner of my eye which often feels like I have something in it.  Other times when it slips down, I cannot see or feel it.  Will this be a permanent feature from now on or do these cysts clear in time on their own?