Fluid behind lens & blurry sight after cataract surgery
I had cataract surgery on the 7th of October 2013, in my left eye.AcrySof IQ Aols lens I also have #4 Astigmatism and did not have that corrected. My eye has been blurry ever since and objects are distorted. Two weeks after the surgery My Doctor gave me a prescription for glasses for the Astigmatism and bifocals and told me to come back in six months. He knew I couldn't see right out of the eye. I had to go back in to see him because I couldn't see out of the glasses he prescribed for me and he did some test and said it was fluid belind the lens. He gave me a steroid shot in the upper lid in the back of the eye. (Very Painful) that was 11-06-13.  He said for me to keep taking the steroid drops four times a day. I have been taking the Steroid drops for over a month now and I believe they are irritating my eye. After he gave me the shot by that evening my eye was blood red and swollen and almost shut and is still that way and it seems like every time I put the drops in it gets worse. I know you are not supposed to stop taking the steroid drops all of a sudden but I would like to know what happens if you do stop them. I feel like they are making this worse. I really regret having had the surgery done.
You probably have cytoid macular edema.  This is know complication with cataract surgery.  It can happen in surgery without any complication.

Your doctor's treatment is correct and you should not stop the steroid.  Please discuss your concerns with him.

Dr. O.
Thank You Dr. O I appreciate your response.