Fluid behind the retina
Hello all, I wrote in last week about some eye syptoms I was having, and was advised to see an Opthamologist by one of the panel Drs. I did, yesterday, and was told it was a recurrance of a problem I had in my left eye for which I last saw him about 2 years ago. I was told then I had something like a fluid filled blister pressing on my macula? The only problem I had then, was seeing wavy and bent lines out of the corner of my eye. However now I am seeing flickering lights, sometimes strobe-like, and I see a brown spot in front of my eye when I cover my right eye. It makes things looks quite dark, but I can still see. I was told I have more fluid build up behind my retina. I also saw another specialist for the former problem in case I needed treatment. At that time this other specialist said he could see that the "blister"? was draining, and he wanted to take  a "wait and see approach". The blister apparantly I was told later went away, but I still saw the wavy lines when looking out of the corner of my eye. The eye Dr. I saw yesterday is sending a report to the Specialist I saw previously to see what he thinks. I am just trying to find out more info on this condition, and why it is back?
Thank you.
A blister on the back of the eye is not specific enough to determine what your problem is. It could be central serous retinopathy, macular edema from any number of causes. You will need to get specific info plus the DX from your eye MDs.

JCH MD