Eye Care Community
Fluid in my eye.....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Fluid in my eye.....

I awoke from a nap and felt as though something was in my eye. I tried to look into a mirror to see if I could identify it, and realized that there was some sort of fluid in the anterior chamber of my eye.

I don't wear contacts, nor did I have any sort of eye surgery. Any idea what could cause this?
P.S.

I'm a 27 y/o male with no prior history with my eyes.

Thanks:)
Your anterior chamber is filled with aqueous fluid formed by the ciliary body. So is everyone's else.

JCH III MD
Okay.

Well this is not like everyone elses, so maybe my anatomy is off.

It looks as if there's a blister on my eye. On the lower outside corner of my eye there's  extra fluid that's causing a bubbling effect of sorts. I can push on my lower eyelid and move the fluid up towards center of my eye. Does this sound normal?
most likely a conjunctival cyst but see an Eye MD ophthalmologist physician to be sure.

JCH III MD
what is the fluid in the eye for eg when you cry what is the fluid called and what is it
I certainly hope that doctor didn't get paid for that "advice". I know exactly what that man is talking about and it isn't a cyst!
None of the American Academy of Ophthalmology physicians are paid for answering questions. All are volunteers and have busy practices. We also do not attempt to make definitive diagnoses without examining the patient.

JCH MD