Eye Care Community
Foggy vision in one eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Foggy vision in one eye

My husband has complained about foggy vision in his left eye to his eye Dr.
His reccomendation was to use the 'fake' tear drops.  That has not worked.
This has been going on for about 3-4 months.  He is healthy and active.  Just not sure what to do next.
FYI-  At one time last year, his eye Dr. had him coming in every 6 months to test the pressure in his eyes for Glaucoma.  And then after testing him on a new machine, he said there was no need for concern anymore.
See a different "eye doctor" for a second opinion. Find one at www.aao.org  See a Eye MD physcian ophthalmologist.

JCH MD
Yes, My eye had been doing the same for about 5 or 6 days & it's foggy when I look at a light or somewhat like a light & I've not been going to Eye Dr. & It's just my left eye, I'm not sure what to do about it but whats a "Fake Tear Drop"??
Artificial tears such as Opteve, Systane, Tears Naturale, Hypotears, Blinks, etcs

JCH MD
I have been going to eye dr after eye dr because of the fogginess in my left eye, almost like a cloud in my vision whenever i look into a lighted area or whenever my eye moves around to look at something, almost like a trail. I had my vision tested and it's not that I can't see it that my vision is " blocked"  I have gone to retinal speciast and have had every test known done. they thought from the inflammation that it was pars planitis uveitis  which if not treated can cause you to lose site in the eye. I was taking steroid drops in the eye 6 times a day and also pills by mouth. It helped briefly until the prescription was up and I was weaned of off the pills to reduce inflammation. My last visit which was about 2 weeks ago 12_18_09, I was told I have beginning stages of cataracts. Now while I am relatively young , 36 they said this could have been caused by my auto immune system attacked itself and unfortunately it was in my left eye which ends to speed up the process of cataracts. Now I am going to see a cataracts specialist next week to see if it is as they say "ripe" enough to operate on. I hope some of the information has been useful as I know my vision has been driving me crazy for a few months now.