Eye Care Community
From Flu to Eye Problems?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

From Flu to Eye Problems?

Last month I caught that horrible flu that was circulating. Since recovering from the flu I now have developed other symptoms in other areas of my body in particular, my eyes. The whites of my eyes are very red and so are my eyelids. My eyes burn and are very tired and blurry - I have trouble wearing my glasses. I can't read without pain and am sensitive to light. There isn't any discharge, in fact my eyes feel very dry. I have tried using eye drops - the kind that moisten and lubricate, but it doesn't help. Has anyone else experienced this problem after having the flu? Does anyone have any ideas on what to do?
Thank you!
Tags: eyes, Flu
Yes, I had the flu also and it is miserable. I suggest you see an Eye MD for a comprehensive exam. Find one at www.aao.org

JCH II MD