Eye Care Community
Fuch

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Fuch

I recently had cataract surgery in both eyes (6/11/09 and 7/9/09) and i have Fuch also. Prior to the surgery, at an office visit, the thickness was measured at 693 in the left eye and 694 in the right eye. When I went in at each surgery the thickness was measured at 994 each time. The nurses were alarmed but the doctor wasn’t worried. I have had floaters before but now they are worse. My vision is 20/30 and I can see through the floaters pretty well for distance. Close up it is bad. I have so many readers glasses now, trying to find the right strength. Do I have any reason to be concerned.
That number 994 is wrong. A cornea that thick would be grossly swollen and cloudy.  And is Fuchs corneal dystrophy.

JCH MD