Eye Care Expert Forum
Fullness in eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Fullness in eye

I have this odd sensation for about two-three weeks in my right eye.  It's a fullness sensation or swollen feeling.  And at times it's like something is in my eye but nothing specific that I can see or describe.  It's coming from the inner portion of my eye by my nose and started AFTER I thought was felt like a "stye".  It does appear very slightly puffy on the inside of my eye.  I only rarely wear my contacts so it's not irritation.  It did come on the heels of some cleaning to be ready for the holidays and rusting through things in the attic.  Any suggestions?
Hi, it doesn't sound too serious. You can safely try preservative free tear drops OTC. If this doesn't help, then schedule an appointment.
Sincerely
Timothy D. McGarity, M.D.
Thank U so much for responding!  Take Care.

Sherry