Future risks of High Myopia
I have Myopia since I was 11. Currently my power is -9 in left eye and -13 in right eye. I wear contacts. I was diagnosed with Pathological Myopia with Lattices in both the eyes.

I had no problem till about 1 year back. Then my doctor advised me to treat the lattices with Laser Photocoagulation. After the treatment I started having following problems:
- Floaters
- Flashes
- In the right eye, the lower periphery of the vision is blurred, it feels like the way you would see if you looked through hot air

I consulted several retina specialists, all of them said that the retina is stable.

For the last couple of months a new symptom has developed in the left eye. If I look straight at a source of light and blink my left eye repeatedly, I see a line of line at an angle in the lower left corner of my vision. I immediately consulted a retina specialist but he said retina is stable and nothing to be worried.

But I am very worried. What are the risks involved with High myopia? Will I lose vision eventually ? I plan to get married soon but this aspect of my health is troubling me a lot. I dont want to jeoperdise the future of my partner because of my condition.
The risks of high myopia include retinal detachment, tears, holes and pathologic myopic macular degeneration. No one can tell you what will happen in the future. Stay close to your retina specialists see every 6-12 months or if something changes.

JCH MD