Eye Care Community
GAS BUBBLE IN EYE

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

GAS BUBBLE IN EYE

WHAT IS THE TIME LINE ON FLYING WITH A GAS BUBBLE
I was told the gas bubble will expand - in your eye - is you fly as the pressure is less while flying.  So no flying while you have the bubble.  

I do NOT know how long after the bubble is gone before you can fly.  I'm trying to find that out myself.
My doctor told me the standard amount of time is a year to be safe and make sure it's fully gone, But everyone's different.
I have one from a Dec. the 13th Vitrectomy. I wouldn't fly for a month after it is gone..Just to be on the safe side. this is my 4 th gas bubble..
Corinnebeth
It can vary, depending on how big the bubble is. Ask your dr. Don't plan to fly for a while at least...  Weeks, months?  Gas bubbles last different amounts of time too , depending on what gas was used.  Ask your doctor.