Gas Bubbles
I recently had a retinal detachment fixed.  I now have a gas bubble.  I keep hearing different lengths of time until the bubble disappears.  Why does it disappear for some in 3 weeks and others 8 weeks.  I'm scheduled to fly in a few weeks and wondering what the odds are of my going on the trip.  
Depends on the size of the bubble and the type of gas used and sometimes different patients just react differently.  Please call your surgeon to ask about when you can fly.
I had a victrectomy and gas bubble in april and it took about two weeks to dissolve.It would be wise to consult with your retina specialist to confirm your readiness to fly. Take care
Do youhave any idea why yours dissolved so quickly?
no I guess everyone is different in their response, but it did help put my retina back in place and restore much of my vision. The healing process can take several months after the Gas bubble goes away.
Thanks, hate to be a nuisance but what is involved in "the healing process" after the bubble goes?  I, naively, thought once the bubble was gone, I was healed!
A related discussion, gas bubble was started.
A related discussion, retina detachment was started.