Eye Care Community
Ghost vision, and no one in Denmark knows about it

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Hey everybody.
I'm a girl from Denmark. I have worn glasses since I was 12 or something like that, and I currently use -6,75 and -6,25 in my glasses and approx the same in contacts.

I got a new pair of glasses in June, and after I got them, I have noticed what I think would be ghost images. I noticed that especially at night, I see bright contrasts, well not double, but there is sort of another "image" of the things above it, under it, beside it depending on what I'm looking at.

This is really freaking me out, since nobody in Denmark knows what it is, I went to see my eye doctor Monday, and told him that I had read about ghost images on the internet, and he didn't even know what it was.. He just thought that it was "odd" that I had these problems, as my eyes and glasses were perfectly healthy.

Can anyone in here tell me something about ghost images, and maybe what I can do, when no one in Denmark can help me?!?!

Hope someone will try to answer.
Tags: ghost, vision, eyes
If you still wear contacts its likely due to irregular, contact induced corneal astigmatism. Other common causes: incorrect glasses or contact RX, other corneal disease, early cataracts, macular disease.

JCH MD
I actually do have astigmatism, but my optician said that it was not neccesary to get this corrected in my glasses, as the glasses would be too sharp.

However the images occur in both glasses and contacts.