Eye Care Expert Forum
Ghosts after monofocal lens replacement
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Ghosts after monofocal lens replacement
I recently had catatact surgery to replace the lens in my right eye.  The surgery seemed to go very well and healing was otherwise uneventful.  The surgery was 4 weeks ago.

The problem is, I have a kind of double vision coming out of that eye.  When I close my left eye, the straight lines on the highway appear to diverge by about 6 degrees.  My opthmologist says it will eventually go away.  However, it has not changed at all since the day after the surgery.

It appears to me that the lens is of a improper match for my eyes.  It is important the note that I had RK surgery 14 years ago in this eye.  I will soon need the left eye replaced and do not want to do that one until this one is resolved.  Should I wait another two months or proceed for a second opinion and the the lens replaced again?

Thanks
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1573381 tn?1296151159
second opinion is not a bad idea.  Wait another couple of months otherwise and see wht the final results are before making any further decisions.

HV
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
This Forum's Experts
233488 tn?1310696703
Discover Vision Centers of Kansas City
Kansas City, MO
Blank
Weight Tracker