Glasses for my daughter, conflicting opinions
My daughter (6y and 5 months) has recently been diagnosed with farsightedness. One eye measures +2.25 and the other +3 (AFTER using cyclogel eye drops). At the age of 4 she was tested and had mild farsightedness (about +1) but the decision was to wait.

Now we are getting conflicting views on the best way to proceed. One view says its mild and we should allow her eye to try and correct(there are ZERO symptoms of farsightedness (squinting, losing place when reading.. and the tests where done as part of learning disabilities investigation). The other view is we should get her glasses with strength of +1 and +1.5.

We are very confused and are not sure what to do. Both my husband and my self (age 41) have always been near sighted and both my sons have no issues with their vision.

Please let me know what is the best thing to do as we are very confused.

Regards,

Since the amount of farsightedness is unequal its not possible to have clear vision in both eyes at the same time without glasses. Some children that have these numbers develop reduced vision (amblyopia) in the more farsighted eye. So a key piece of information is missing and that is what is the vision in each eye?

It is also very important to know that near work especially is more difficult because she has to do the regular amount of work plus the extra work of correcting hyperopia.  Although she might seem to not have symptoms many children with these numbers have trouble with prolonged reading, computer use and other near tasks.

Hopefully one or both of the "eye doctors" she has seen are eye MD ophthalmologists. If not she needs to see an Eye MD ophthalmologist, if possible one that specializes in pediatric ophthalmology. If she did see an Eye MD I think you would need to go with the recommendations of the one you feel most confident in.

If there is a reduction in vision in the +3 eye then glasses are likely indicated.