Glaucoma/OCT

I went to see eye MD's... my optic nerve is 0.6 in bothe  eyes. My eye pressure is 20's in both eyes. This makes me a glaucoma suspect.  Two days back i went to see one  glaucoma specialist and he did an  dilated eye exam+ OCT  and told me everything is normal and do not have any optic nerver damage   and i do not have glaucoma. I am very confused and worried. Is OCT a good test. Can i beleive on my glaucoma specialist or should i go to another glaucoma specialist  and take a second opinion?

VSQ
I forgot to include glaucoma speiallist did GDx also.... he told me that your  RNFL index  14 for left and 16 for right eye.For glaucoma  this cut off value is 40. So, he adviced me that do your regular eye checkup once in a year and do OCT/GDx every alternative year...

I am very worried...cofused ..what should i do now...should i go to one of the best 10 eye hospital in US like ( IOWA, WILLS, DUKE......)  Could you please guide me .. I would like to protect my vision at any cost.

VSQ
You don't need another opinion. Optic nerves have "dimples" in them called cups. We make a ratio(the cup to disk ration or C/D)  The C/D is the ration of the width of the cup to the hold optic nerve and goes from zero (totally flat optic nerve head) to 100% (a cupped out nerve due to end stage glaucoma.

90% of the population have c/d ratios of 0.4 or less. So 0.6 is larger than normal. That does not mean you have glaucoma. Some people have big C/D ratios just like some people have big feet.

The glaucoma specialist did the state of the art test on you (the OCT nerve fiber layer measurement) and the results are good.

No further tests are necessary except a yearl eye exam perhaps coupled with a repeat OCT. And you need to tell every type of eye doctor you see in the future that you have a large 0.6 cup/disk ration.

JCH III MD