Eye Care Expert Forum
Gold Ring When i Close My Eyes in the Morning
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Gold Ring When i Close My Eyes in the Morning

Hello,
I was wondering if you could help me explain and understand what is going on when I close my eyes. I'm 15 and have good eyesight but sometimes when I'm in the shower, and it's only ever in there, I close my eyes and see this goldy/ white-yellow partial ring in my vision. It's more colourful than an after image!
So this partial ring starts off as two separate curved lines and then if I focus on it grows into a thick ring.
I've looked around and there isn't anything in my bathroom that makes this weird shape!
Help would be very much appreciated :)
1573381_tn?1296151159
It is probably not a big deal.  You should have an annual eye exam to make sure your eyes are healthy.  See if it could be the light in the bathroom leaving an afterimage (lighting is sometimes different).  It could also have to do with you rubbing your eyes in the shower or closing them tightly to prevent shampoo from going in.  There are rare neurologic conditions that could theoretically cause a similar phenomenon in the shower but I highly doubt that's the case and would not pursue it further if that is the only place you have the symptoms and no other concerns or symptoms exist.

HV
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
233488_tn?1310696703
John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
Discover Vision Centers of Kansas City
Kansas City, MO
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker