Granuloma
I had pinguecula removal surgery using the amniotic membrane graft technique with fibrin glue on the medial side of both eyes about a month and a half ago from Dr. Gulani. My eyes are more white than they were before, but now I have Granuloma (granulation tissue) poking out in both my eyes. My doctor said this happens in 3% of his patients...Just my luck.  So I am back on steroid drops to try and shrink the granuloma. I know that being on steroid dops for a long time can cause Glaucoma. I also know that if I get it removed, it could grow back... Is there any hope for me? What are my options?
Your eye MD will monitor your pressure to be sure you do not get steroid glaucoma.  You have to be on steroids a rather long time and be a "steroid responder" to get that glaucoma. Only about 6-7% of people are steroid responders.  Also new steroid drops such as Lotomax have been designed to keep the pressure normal even in steroid responders.

Changes are good that the granulation tissue can be quieted down and shrunk then get you tapered off the steroid drops over several months.

Also remember to protect your eye from sunlight (hat and UV blocking sunglasses) and UV blocker on your regular glasses.   Prolonged sun exposure it the main cause of pinguecula and pterygia

JCH MD
One doctor recommended Kenalog injections. What do you think? Also, should they be subconjuctive or in the granuloma itself? Thanks!
Only an examining ophthalmologist could answer that question.
JCH MD
I am only 12 years old and for the past few weeks, i've started to just randomly feel this.

If I imagine a sharp object, such as maybe a razor blade or pointy pencil, I get an awkward feeling that the object is going into my eye. It does not hurt, but is very discomforting. I will usually flinch and it gets pretty awkward, especially at school.

However, when I actually am handling the object, such as writing, I will not experience this. I am fine with looking at sharp objects.

If anyone has any names for what this possibly could be  or anything else, I would very much appreciate it.

I am planning to talk to my doctor at the end of this month at a normal check-up.
Please do discuss this with your family physicians and your parents. Generally this is not a sign of any eye disease but is a sign of anxiety or neurosis.

JCH MD