Eye Care Expert Forum
Gray Eye spot

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Gray Eye spot
I noticed tonight that my three year old son has a gray spot on the colored part of his eye, right at the edge of it. He said it hurt a little, but not much. He kept rubbing it so i assumed it was bothering him. Ive given him a warm wash cloth to put on it, but he only used it to rub his eye. What do i do? Is this something serious? Im having a hard time sleeping with out knowing what it is.
He probably has a corneal foreign body.  Don't panic.  Monday morning, find an ophthalmologist to remove it.  A pediatric ophthalmologist would provide the best overall experience in terms of fear, stress, bribes, etc.